15 August 2014

Try, Try Again.

I'm going to write some things again.

I haven't written in a long time. When I write it's terrible, but I told someone the other day, I need to write even though it's bad (so bad), like running out the rust from old pipes.

I'm angry and hateful a lot. So many things are so frustrating, and they're not even things that relate to me in any direct way. It's just bullshit that bothers me, and I think it has a lot to do with the amount of time I spend online (particularly on Facebook -- thanks for your little mood-alteration experiment, assholes), not because I'm online but because I'm reading garbage rather than reading books, or writing.

How long has it been since I even looked at my book? I've gotten rejections from all the agents I queried a year ago, but never sent out another round of queries... partly because all the agents I queried said it was too serious and they'd never be able to sell it, even though the writing is "wonderful" according to one of just a few agents who sent a personal reply. Which means I need to work on my query so it doesn't sound so serious. And also work on the book some more because let's be honest, it's not finished. Or particularly good.

It is serious. But it's also not entirely serious, because could I really have just brooded over it for twelve years? Probably, but I didn't. Anyways, there's more to come so stay tuned.

No comments: